Senior Software Engineer - Application Layer
Redmond, Washington | Direct Hire
Position Title: Senior Software Engineer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting opportunity with our client in Redmond, WA for a Senior Software Engineer – Application Layer with a general skillset in object oriented embedded Linux development who will focus on application layer development.
- Bachelor’ s degree in CS, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering.
- Object oriented software engineering principles, including interface design, abstraction, encapsulation boundaries, principles of computation, and basic data structures and algorithms.
- C++, preferably C++11
- 5+ years of software engineering experience in C++
- 5+ years of embedded systems experience, preferably in Embedded Linux
- 3+ years working in a Linux development environment
- Collaborative team player
Desired Job Qualifications:
- Experience working on a scrum team
- Experience designing and implementing unit testable code and unit tests
- Experience working with microservices
- Working knowledge of GIT or other DVCS
- Understanding of principles of electrical engineering or electromagnetics
- Knowledge of satellite communications
- Experience with Buildroot
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.