Senior SQL Server DB Developer / Admin
San Jose, California | Contract
Position Title: Senior SQL Server DB Developer / Admin
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting opportunity with our client in San Jose, CA. Building a data integration platform where ETL is used to create data warehouse DB. We are looking for a Senior SQL Server DB Developer/Admin who would focus mostly on optimizing the foundation of our current SQL Server environment. They will be working towards consolidating and improving the existing packages and processes to help stabilize the foundation and scale fast and efficiently.
- At least 10 years of IT industry experience with Microsoft SQLServer, Integration Services (SSIS), Reporting Services (SSRS) and Analysis Services (SSAS) environments.
- Utilized T-SQL in a daily basis in creating customs view for data and business analysis.
- Excellent knowledge in creating Databases, Tables, Stored Procedure, DDL/DML Triggers, Views, User defined data types, effective functions, Cursors and Indexes using T-SQL.
- Experience in Creating and Updating Clustered and Non-Clustered Indexes to keep up the SQLServer Performance.
- Hands on experience in performance tuning, query optimization, and database optimization.
- Expertise in solving dead Locks/Long running queries using Performance Monitor and SQLProfiler.
- Having good knowledge on creation and scheduling of T-SQL jobs and Expertise with job scheduling using SQL Server Agent to perform hourly/daily/nightly updates.
- Dealt with large relational datasets, worked on performance tuning of queries, stored procedure, SSIS packages
- Non-Legacy Application (SFDC, Service Now etc.) integration with SSIS is a bonus
- Team player, self - motivated, ability to learn new skills rapidly and perform multitasking.
- Ability to implement best practices in various projects.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.