Senior Program Manager
Tukwila, Washington | Direct Hire
Position Title: Senior Program Manager
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting direct hire opportunity with our client in Tukwila, Washington for an experienced Senior Program Manager:
Responsibilities and Deliverables
· Plan, execute, monitor and communicate on an enterprise-class software application delivered on multiple platforms
· Lead small distributed teams (both employees and contractors) in requirements gathering, project scoping and estimation, dependency management, implementation planning, and issue and risk management.
· Manage the backlog and priorities. Make tough tactical decisions. Work with Product Managers and Product Owners on prioritization of items that are on Product Management’ s roadmap.
· Understand project priorities and ensure that all technical deliverables are met on a consistent basis. Review project progress against scope/schedule/budget/quality milestones and work with the team to proactively mitigate issues affecting project delivery.
· Be the evangelist and coach for agile development
· Coordinate and help come up with solutions, and remove impediments.
· Wear multiple hats with willingness to go beyond your own role.
· Build close relationships with key stakeholders. Help build consensus between teams.
· Document process changes and coordinate the development of training material required for new and/or upgraded systems.
· Solve business needs with short-term deliverables, while constantly improving and moving towards long-term engineering goals.
· Generate new ideas, never say or think " that' s not my job."
· Be proactive in keeping your skills fresh.
Qualifications and Experience
· 10+ years of work experience in a combination of program manager or project manager.
· Strong analytical, problem solving and planning skills.
· Experience with Agile software development including JIRA and related tools
· Experience with managing multiple projects of various sizes and complexities.
· Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and opinions.
· Comfortable with SQL and entity relationship diagrams.
· High attention to detail with proven ability to juggle multiple, competing priorities simultaneously and make things happen in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
· Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to work successfully with teams across the organization.
· Experience with Change Management, Process Analysis, Constraint Analysis
· An appreciation for pragmatism and simplicity in solutions.
· A strong product and design sensibility is a plus.
Education and Training
· B.S. in a software related field is preferred. A graduate degree is a plus.
· Certified Scrum Master is a plus.
- Experience is delivering large scale security programs.
- Facilitation skills in leading planning meetings, reviews, and retrospectives
- Excellent negotiation and persuasion skills.
- Superior communications and presentation skills.
- Strong customer orientation.
- Ability to make decisions independently.
- Exceptional organizational and planning skills.
- Excellent leadership and proven people skills.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.