Senior Hardware/Software Test Engineer
Snohomish, Washington | Contract
Position Title: Senior Hardware/Software Test Engineer
Position Description: Our client on the north end is looking for a Senior Hardware/Software Test Engineer for an intensive short-term project to help in making their system robust, reliable and maintainable. This has opportunity to evolve into a long-term ongoing project. The system is not large or elaborate but will need to be modified and refined over time.
- Draft the test specification, referencing existing functional, mechanical, electrical and firmware specifications
- Develop test cases required to establish conformity with specifications
- Develop stress-testing approaches needed to establish failure conditions
- Work with board production house to develop production test plan and testing needed to maximize production yield
- Identify and build/rent/buy test harnesses and other test equipment as needed
- Conduct tests, analyze results, write bugs against specification nonconformance; debug fallout, analyze failures and identify root causes
- Verbal and written communication skills to review objectives, plans, needs, findings, defects, recommendations and tradeoffs effectively for other engineers and for management
- Project scheduling skills needed to accurately project tasks and timelines in coordination with hardware and software development
- Strong analytical ability, including statistical analysis skills
- Enough mechanical aptitude to build up viable test rigs with assistance
- Consciousness of product and workplace safety considerations
- The successful candidate will be articulate and self-propelled, with at least 5 years of relevant test engineering experience involving embedded systems.
- Experienced with accelerometers or inertial guidance systems in high-noise and vibrating environments (strongly preferred).
- C# and Visual Studio- coding to write test routines; establish BLE or other communication with UUT for data logging; log and display operational data.
- Gaphing and charting (a plus)
- Repository software such as Team Foundation Server (TFS) or GIT
- Standard benchtop equipment such as oscilloscope, power supplies, DMM, logic analyzer, etc.
- Serial communications protocols such as RS485, SPI, I2C, UART
- Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) communications (a plus)
- Black-box functional testing
- Motor control in hydraulic applications (nice to have)
- Experienced with automotive-standard components, industry standards and regulatory requirements.
- Familiar with automotive standards (a plus) for surge, EMI/EMF, temperature, humidity, water intrusion, etc.
- Motorcycles experience (HUGE plus!) or accelerometers, gynometers, stabilization exp.
- Some travel to conduct testing at laboratories in Oregon ( 1 week out of the project).
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.