Senior Hardware Engineer
Redmond, Washington | Contract
Position Title: Senior Hardware Engineer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract opportunity with our client in Redmond Washington for an experienced Senior Hardware Engineer:
Do you want to be at the forefront of device test innovation? Do you have a passion to deliver new technology to customers? Are you seeking a unique career opportunity that combines both technical capabilities, as well as business insight? Are you committed to creating an environment where you can play a role in creating best in class manufacturing test solutions? Are you interested in working to deliver manufacturing test solutions that will receive high visibility?
The team is seeking a passionate, driven, and intellectually curious Senior Hardware Engineer to drive impact and deliver results in the world of Devices Manufacturing Test. The group is a core member in the Manufacturing, Supply Chain Organization, which is part of the devices group. The Group is responsible for developing tests for testing of all hardware devices. We develop partnerships with our internal hardware and software engineering and development teams and our third party external suppliers to deliver high-quality test solutions that delight our customers and deliver a fantastic experience.
Our Senior Hardware Engineer has an emphasis on Optics and is responsible for creating, implementing and maintaining world class test and measurement test stations used to bring iconic Devices to the Customer. Our Engineers use their deep industry and market knowledge while partnering with R&D teams to define and create test solution for all Products. You must be a high energy, high impact individual with demonstrated ability to succeed in a dynamic business environment. Successful candidates will build long lasting, strategic partnerships with our Partners and position for sustained success.
The candidate will create test station system designs meeting the performance and functional requirements of the overall system, optimizing Optical trade-offs and performance for best customer experience; work with the procurement team to evaluate and select contract supplier partners and then optimize test system designs based on fabrication and process capability of the selected partners.
• Demonstrated experience designing and delivering test solutions to production in consumer products • Experience working with Asian CM Suppliers
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Demonstrated ability to perform in a fast-paced product development environment
• 5+ years’ experience designing System Level Test Station Systems with an emphasis on RF and demonstrated knowledge of test tradeoffs to realize these solutions.
• Ability to develop test tools to characterize electrical, mechanical, and optical system level performance
• Willing to travel internationally up to 25%
• Hands on Experience in design of RF test stations
• Familiar with tolerance analysis using tools such as Zemax, Oslo, or Code V required
• An MS in Manufacturing Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or related degree and a minimum of 10 years industry experience
• Exceptional attention to detail
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Experience with all phases of PCBA and FCT Test Station Development
• Instrument design experience
• Deep RF SME Level Expertise: WiFi, LTE, BT, GPS
• Smart and Partner well with others
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.