Senior Firmware Engineer
San Jose, California | Contract
Position Title: Senior Firmware Engineer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting opportunity with our client in San Jose, CA. The ideal candidate for this role would share our passion for creating and innovating new technologies, and thrive in a highly dynamic, fast-paced, results-driven environment. We are looking for highly talented, passionate, and versatile engineers that can create the next generation enterprise SSD solutions
- Design and development of high performance firmware and software for cutting-edge enterprise SSD products.
- Debug, optimize, and validate SSD firmware on complex embedded multi-core architectures.
- Support customer qualification and adoption of SSD products.
- Participate in ground-breaking advanced SSD storage development and research projects
- BS and 6+ years’ experience / MS and 4+ years’ experience, in Computer/Electrical Engineering or Computer Science, of relevant experience in storage firmware development is required.
- Strong programming experience and demonstrated proficiency in C/C++ for embedded systems, including development of algorithms, manipulation of complex data structures, and implementing highly optimized code, is required.
- Relevant hands on experience in embedded software or firmware development, including storage devices or other embedded platforms is required.
- Experience with ARM or equivalent embedded multi-core microprocessor architectures is required.
- Hands on experience with JTAG/ICE debuggers and protocol analyzers is required. - Storage industry experience and familiarity with SAS/SATA/NNMe protocols is preferred.
- Some scripting experience in Python is desired.
- Familiarity and experience with modern agile software development methodologies and practices is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work as a team player, as part of a local and globally distributed team.
- Good oral and written skills for communication and documentation of technical information.
- Is comfortable working in a multinational environment and understands how to leverage cultural diversity.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.