Senior Firmware Engineer
3655 North First Street San Jose, California 95134 | Contract
Position Title: Senior Firmware Engineer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting opportunity with our client in San Jose, CA. We are currently looking for Firmware Engineers to join our rapidly growing Enterprise Product Development in San Jose, CA that is developing the next generation of enterprise solid-state flash technologies. Our core development focus is the host interface firmware layer that sits in the intersection of system software and flash management firmware. This key host interface firmware technology drives breakthrough V-NAND technology and enables our customers to power performance-oriented, demanding, enterprise-class applications ranging from hyper-scale data centers, to big data processing, to software defined virtualized storage arrays and infrastructures. The ideal candidate for this role would share our passion for creating and innovating new technologies, and thrive in a highly dynamic, fast-paced, results-driven environment. We are looking for highly talented, passionate, and versatile engineers that can create the next generation enterprise SSD solutions.
- Design and development of high performance firmware and software for cutting-edge enterprise SSD products.
- Debug, optimize, and validate SSD firmware on complex embedded multi-core architectures.
- Support customer qualification and adoption of SSD products.
- Participate in ground-breaking advanced SSD storage development and research projects
Education and Experience:
- BS and 6+ years’ experience / MS and 4+ years’ experience, in Computer/Electrical Engineering or Computer Science, of relevant experience in embedded firmware development.
- Strong programming experience and demonstrated proficiency in C/C++ for embedded systems, including development of algorithms, manipulation of complex data structures, and implementing highly optimized code.
- Some programming experience in scripting languages such as Python is desired.
- Relevant hands on experience in embedded software or firmware development, including storage devices or other embedded platforms is desired.
- Experience with ARM or equivalent embedded multi-core microprocessor architectures is desired.
- Hands on experience with JTAG/ICE debuggers such as Lauterbach and protocol analyzers such as LeCroy is preferred.
- Storage industry experience and familiarity with storage protocols such as SAS/SATA/SCSI/FC/NVMe protocols is preferred.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.