Senior Firmware Engineer
Bellevue, Washington | Direct Hire
Position Title: Senior Firmware Engineer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract opportunity with our client in Bellevue Washington for an experienced Firmware Engineer:
Responsibilities include design, development, peer review, and testing of:
- Firmware and Firmware Architecture
- Example applications
Required Skills and Experience:
- A Bachelor’ s or Master’ s Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with bare metal firmware development
- 5-7 years of experience as a Firmware Engineer
- Fluency in the C programming language
- Understanding of MCU architecture and subsystems
- Experience configuring MCU peripherals including communications, timers, DMA, interrupt controllers, etc.
- Experienced with logic analyzers, protocol analyzer and various other tools for deterministic embedded systems debugging
- Experience with communication protocols
- Experience with protocol software stacks including USB, SPI, I2C, USB, Bluetooth
- Experience with low power or battery based devicesExperience with version control (SVN, Git, etc).
- Experience with issue tracking systems (Jira, Redmine, etc.)
- Experience in successful market deployment of electronic devices
- Excellent English communication and documentation skills
- Ability to work in multidisciplinary team
- Self-starter with the ability to work individually and with a group
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Able to pick up new concepts quickly
- ARM7, ARM9, Cortex M3 systems, RISC (and others)
- It is preferred that the candidate has had participation through all stages of product development, from concept to production, in more than one product cycle.
- Experience with Real Time Operating Systems (RTOS)
- Driver development
- Experience with embedded library development
- Experience with makefile build systems
- Experience with various IDE’ s for firmware development (IAR, Atollic, etc.)
- Exposure to cryptography principles (encryption, hashing, and authentication)
- Exposure to assembly language
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.