Senior Design Engineer
3561 Shelby Ln Denton, TX 76207 US
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract Senior Design Engineer opportunity located in Denton, TX.
- Designs complex mechanical aircraft interior furnishing, structures, and/or mechanical systems.
- Ensures designs meet customer criteria, quality standards and FAA requirements.
- Adheres to budget and project schedules.
- Provides design guidance and feedback to other engineering personnel.
- May perform as functional ‘Lead’ for group on specific projects.
- Maintains regular attendance including being at work, being on time to work and working full shifts.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree (B.S.) in engineering with a minimum of 8 years relevant experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Aviation background and aircraft interior experience required.
- 3D Computer Aided Drafting/Design skills (Inventor and AutoCAD preferred).
- Ability to check engineering drawings for Fit, Form and Function.
- Knowledge of industry design and documentation standards.
- Experience with mechanical assemblies and manufacturing technique design.
- Ability to coach and motivate team of engineers.
- Budget and project management experience required.
- Experience leading employees/teams in productive and efficient manner.
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills.
- Strong time-management and organizational skills.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time, use hands to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and have close/color vision ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to travel as required.
- Ability to work outside of core business hours as required.
- Location: Denton, TX
- Hourly Rate: $50-$75
- ITAR obligations are associated with this role, U.S. citizenship, U.S. legal permanent resident status, or protected person status under 8 U.S.C. § 1324b(a) (1), (3) is required.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salaries, insurance plan options (HDHP plan or POS plan), education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO), and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to product development companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Meet Your Recruiter
I have worked in Technical staffing for over 17 years in the Pacific NW primarily, and Nationally. My specialty is finding candidates for contract, contract to hire and direct hire jobs in Technical & Engineering fields for some of the greatest Hardware & Software product development companies around. I listen to what you are looking for and will ensure your resume looks great. I am honest and communicative throughout the hiring process. I am passionate about putting our Veterans back to work, and helping underrepresented people get into STEM careers.