Senior Design Engineer - Networking
San Jose, California | Contract
Position Title: Senior Design Engineer – Networking
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting opportunity with our client in San Jose, CA.
The Memory Solutions Lab (MSL) is part of the Memory Business Unit, the industry' s technology and volume leader in DRAM, NAND Flash, SRAM memory. MSL’ s vision is to solve key problems & optimize architecture solutions for Cloud & Data center environments. We are an integral part of the R&D focus & lab innovation engine. We work closely with development teams to bring feature innovation to product roadmaps.
The Candidate will be a key technical member of System Architecture Lab. He or she will join a team of experts in researching and developing innovative data center/ cloud networking, storage, and compute ASIC/ FPGA and system solutions. The ideal candidate must have prior experience developing architecture and design of leading edge networking, storage, embedded computing ASIC and/ or FPGA.
- Research architectural trade-offs of networked storage controller ASIC/ FPGA
- Research, evaluate and integrate acquired hardware Intellectual Property (IP)
- Develop new IP for high performance networked storage based solid state drives
- Research emerging technology standards and map to optimal implementation in FPGA/ ASIC
- Work with other hardware/ software architects developing one of a kind innovative FPGA prototypes, contribute to feasibility studies & developing solutions
- Assist software architects developing Linux/ Windows device driver, test and debug
- Propose and execute on innovations in software and hardware architecture based on their benefits to large-scale applications.
- B.S., M.S., or Ph.D. in Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering
- At least 5 years of development experience and expertise in at least one of the following:
- Ethernet protocol accelerators such as TOE / UOE
- RDMA protocols such as InfiniBand, iWARP, RoCE v1/v2
- 10-100 Gb Ethernet controller, switch, or RNIC
- In depth background in HDL development, synthesis, debug, simulation, test bench creation and debug using CAD tools (Synopsys, Mentor, Cadence, or FPGA tools)
- Solid expertise in computer architecture, including experience with some of the following: server systems, data centers, processors, memory hierarchy, memory subsystems, storage, I/O and networking.
- Must be highly motivated with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated attention to detail
- Ability to meet aggressive project deadlines in a team environment
- Ability to work successfully with cross-functional teams, including coordinating across organizational boundaries and geographies.
- Ability to create near term value within a strategic research environment.
- Comfortable working in a multinational environment and understands how to leverage cultural diversity
- Hands on lab prototype set up, testing, measurement and debug is highly desired.
- Understanding of low level software and device drivers such as Firmware, Boot, UEFI, PCIe, Ethernet controller and similar device drivers is desired.
- Understanding of typical hyperscale and data center applications and benchmarks desired.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.