Senior Application Security Engineer
San Francisco, California | Contract To Hire
Position Title: Senior Application Security Engineer
Position Description: You' ll work closely with the technology organization and partners to evaluate the design and implementation of our product offerings, help create innovative security solutions for our products, and educate teams on secure application development and emerging threats. In addition, you will create new tools, conduct industry-leading research, and solve challenging technical problems on the forefront of application security. Perhaps most importantly, you will contribute to a high-impact SDL revamp and change the way Engineering teams approach security.
- Serve as a subject-matter expert and generate technical content for the documentation of security guidelines for all security functions supporting Engineering, which are central to the SDL program' s success.
- This is not a " technical writer" role: it is an engineering role that is focused on ensuring that we are developing sound technical guidance through content and correct self-service information that will inform our threat modeling automation.
- Perform black-box penetration testing and code reviews of our flagship services, product offerings and partners' apps.
- Guide the technology organization' s security and privacy initiatives by participating in design reviews and threat modeling.
- Participate in our incident response and vulnerability remediation efforts.
- Perform cutting-edge applied research on new attacks and present new findings to both internal and external audiences.
- Evaluate application security tools for internal consumption. Develop new automation and tooling to improve our detection and prevention capabilities.
- B.S. / M.S. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related experience.
- Demonstrated ability to write clear and comprehensive technical security content.
- 5+ years work experience in an application security role.
- In-depth experience identifying and protecting against web application and web service security vulnerabilities including those found in the OWASP Top 10 and CWE Top 25.
- Relevant experience in several of these languages: Haskell, Scala, Spark, React, Kafka, Mobile iOS/Android)
- Solid knowledge of the browser security model, crypto, and network security.
- Attacker mindset: Passion for breaking all the things unbreakable.
- Contributions to the security community such as research, public CVEs, bug-bounty recognitions, open-source projects, and blogs or publications.
- Familiarity with security tools such as static analysis, runtime analysis.
- Experience in Linux OS or AWS security role
- In-depth experience identifying and mitigating security vulnerabilities in applications and operating systems
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.