Senior ASIC Designer
Bellevue, Washington | Direct Hire
Position Title: Senior ASIC Designer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract opportunity with our client in Bellevue Washington for an experienced ASIC Designer: The ideal candidate will have a strong electrical engineering and technical product development background in semiconductor/electronics, custom or semi-custom ASIC design, mobile devices, mixed signal data acquisition systems, or related fields.
New team members will take an active role in the development and commercialization of electronic devices based on proprietary technologies. The Senior ASIC Engineer role centers around design, development, and validation of proprietary IC’ s using various semiconductor processes.
- Analog and mixed-signal circuit analysis, simulation, testing and characterization.
- Development and documentation of ASIC requirements, specifications and validation test plans to meet product requirements.
- Participation in ASIC and ASIC related cross-functional design reviews.
- Determine requirements for engineering boards and production test boards for ASIC test and characterization.
- Support manufacturing bring-up for proprietary ASIC related issues in collaboration with operations team.
- Support for design-in and product acceptance with existing and new customers.
- Support for products in production by conducting root cause analysis, risk analysis, and implementing corrective actions.
- BSEE, MSEE preferred
- 7+ years of experience in mixed signal design and troubleshooting of custom or semi-custom ASICs and PCB assemblies; an analog emphasis is required.
- Excellent English communication and documentation skills
- Ability to take ownership of tasks or issues and drive to documented conclusions.
- Ability to independently learn new skills and expand areas of technical expertise.
- Experience designing, testing and debugging a variety of analog ASIC circuits such as low noise amplifiers, ADC, DAC, boost converters, POR, bandgap. Design experience required; layout experience preferred.
- Solid understanding of design techniques for low power, battery based systems
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.