Security Ops Analyst
Seattle, Washington | Contract
Position Title: Security Ops Analyst
Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract opportunity with our client in Seattle Washington for an experienced Security Ops Analyst:
- You will partner with customers on extraordinary & rapid reaction to real-time alerts regarding phishing, malware and security attacks and consistently assist in excellent support service.
- Provides technical support to remotely tackle problems and resolve issues on our software products.
- Effectively communicates with hosting and registrar companies worldwide by email and phone.
- Actively acts to shutdown phishing websites and DropZones.
- You will lead vast number of incidents in short time & real time.
- Generate ' after incidents' reports to Client' s customers.
- You will handle the SOC databases.
- Investigates new worldwide Malware and provides our clients with significant information.
- Creates signatures for new malware attaching clients.
- Works closely with the company marketing team for publishing threat research reports.
- Cooperates with threat research team.
- Provides our sales team with meaningful information of potential client’ s online fraud.
- Generates online threats reports through comprehensive research are the WWW and internal tools.
- 2-3 years’ experience in the security field.
- Ability to excel in a face paced, challenging, operations environment with 24/7 shift and Investigation of customer defects and online fraud in real-time
- Information Security/Computer Science and/or graduate degree preferred or equivalent experience
- Strong background in customer service and able to communicate fluently in English (written and oral). Multi-lingual a plus.
- Prior SOC or NOC experience (Security Ops Center or Network Ops Center)
- Knowledge of the Financial Cyber Security world and Phishing Sites would be helpful.
- A background in security incident response is a plus
- Experience in network design and configuration
- Program or scripting skills are a plus.
- Experience on common enterprise network and routing technologies
- Experience with F5 hardware, software, and utilities like iRules, iApps, and iControl
- Demonstrate excellent customer service skills
- Show us your troubleshooting/problem-solving ability
- Experience with global routing/networking technologies (GRE, BGP, ASN routing)
- Relay technical information to customers with different levels of technical competence
- Experience supporting customers in production environments
- Experience working with Customer Support and Service Management portals, including provisioning, reporting, and configuration
- Linux skills are important
- Ability to perform log file analysis
- Provide examples of technical support capabilities working with different technologies
- Ability to work with moderate supervision
- Analytical thinker with strong attention to detail
- Ability to develop creative, efficient solutions to complex problems
- Guide technical knowledge of and experience fixing TCP/IP networks
- Detailed protocol analysis using tools like tcpdump, tshark, and Wireshark.
- Use Fiddler, HTTP Watch, Burp Suite, socat, and netcat.
- Packet manipulation and crafting like hping, scapy, and iptables.
- Traffic generation and replay using tools such as " apachebench and tcpreplay".
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.