SW Engineer - Sr./Lead Tech Ops
Pleasanton, California | Contract
Position Title: SW Engineer - Sr./Lead Tech Ops
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting opportunity with our client in Pleasanton, CA
- Provide hands-on management of new tech ops group
- Work with development staff to implement and monitor cloud infrastructure services
- Assist in developing standards consistent with cloud compliance requirements
- Develop and deliver configuration and deployment automation required for improving the performance, availability, and manageability of our cloud services.
- Troubleshoot and remedy availability/performance issues
- Define and evangelize cloud-related optimizations and best practices to improve reliability and performance.
- Participate in an on-call rotation that will include development staff.
- Minimum of 4 years’ direct experience working with cloud production environments.
- Experience building systems based on cloud technology in AWS, GCE, and/or Rackspace environments.
- Experience building scalable Web applications
- Experience working with Big Data Analytics applications
- Configuration management experience with one or more configuration management tools such as Puppet, Chef, and/or Ansible.
- Experience with container technologies
- Demonstrated coding skills, preferably in Python, Ruby, and/or Java.
- Demonstrable knowledge of TCP/IP and HTTP protocols.
- Experience working with High Availability and Fault Tolerant architectures
- Familiarity Relational and NoSQL databases.
- Experience working with Monitoring tools like Nagios, Graphite.
- Experience working in Unix/Linux operating systems and shell scripting.
- Well-developed analytical skills.
- A strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Familiar with Agile methodologies.
Desired Skills and Traits:
- Familiarity with Salesforce Cloud offerings.
- Experience working with AWS DevOps Automation and Programming Tools
- Experience implementing Cloud-bases Access Management Services
- Experience working in a PAAS environment
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.