SR R&D Technician
Sunnyvale, California | Contract
Position Title: SR R&D Technician
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting opportunity with our client in Sunnyvale, CA
This position will be responsible for supporting the research and development team working on new acoustic liquid handling devices and analytical instruments. The primary duties will be assembling, testing and debugging breadboard test systems.
Additional duties will include testing and characterization of RF and ultrasonic components and devices and supporting the R&D team with electromechanical help.
- Assemble, test, and debug breadboard test systems
- Operate and maintain test systems
- Manage the fabrication and assembly of custom PCAs
- Document specifications for purchased electronic and electrical components
- Train Manufacturing personnel for system assembly and test
- Manage BOMs and ECOs for all PCAs and cables
- Manage component inventory
- Manage testing and characterization of RF and ultrasonic instruments and devices
- ASEE and 10+ years in support of research and new product development
- Excellent soldering skills
- Good mechanical abilities
- Capable of designing and documenting wire/cable harnesses for systems
- Ability to use basic electronic test equipment
- Good system level assembly, test, and problem solving skills
- Ability to test and debug electronic systems and PCAs
- Thorough understanding of PCA fabrication and assembly
- Able to generate and manage BOM structures and ECOs
- Thorough understanding of manufacturing processes and requirements
- Methodical and detail-oriented
- Independent & resourceful
Helpful Skills & Characteristics:
- RF systems experience
- Machine shop experience
- Optical systems knowledge
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.