SQA Test Engineer
Seattle, Washington | Contract
Position Title: SQA Test Engineer
Position Description: Our Seattle Client is seeking a skilled Software Test Engineer which will be a meticulous, detail-oriented individual with a love for finding defects in embedded software. As an active part of multi-disciplinary teams, including software and electrical engineers, project managers, and client teams, the Software Test Engineer will have a huge impact on the success of projects and end products.
- Work with project managers and development leads to develop functional and regression test plans
- Perform testing, and lead other testers in testing, in an agile embedded software development environment
- Perform ad-hoc testing of new features during development sprints
- Assist in development of automated test frameworks
- Associates degree in science, mathematics, or similar
- 4-year degree in engineering or computer science, preferred
- 3+ years of experience in software testing of consumer electronics and/or medical devices
- Common SQA processes and methodologies
- Expertise with common software tools for requirements management, test plan management, and bug/regression tracking (e.g. JIRA)
- Ability to manage competing priorities in time-sensitive situations and ambiguous requirements
- Work independently as a self-starter
- Specific experience with testing power consumption of battery-powered devices
- Specific experience with wearable electronics and wireless communications
- Familiarity with automated testing and scripting languages (Python, UNIX shell)
- Experience with continuous integration systems
- Familiar working in iterative/Agile software development team?
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.