SOC Hardware Verification Engineer
San Jose, California | Contract
Position Title: SOC Hardware Verification Engineer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract opportunity with our client in San Jose California for an experienced SOC Hardware Verification Engineer:
- Create block level verification plan, test plans and full chip test plan
- Develop block level test bench and tests in UVM methodology including scoreboard.
- Come up with verification strategy to verify the system level coherency and execute on it.
- Performance analysis of cache implementation protocols.
- Work on subsystem level verification
- Work with designers to get the coverage closure
- Port the block level tests to full chip test bench
- Integrate VIPs as needed
- Work with software, validation and emulation teams as needed.
- Work on other aspects of verification like CDC, gate simulation.
- Work on lab bring up and silicon validation.
- Prior experience in architecting and developing self-checking constrained random verification environment using System Verilog and UVM verification methodology.
- Execution of test plan, debugging failures, write functional coverage objects and review the code coverage and function coverage with design team
- Good understanding of object oriented programming concepts.
- Familiarity with caching protocols such as MESI, MOSEI
- Prior experience with verifying snoop filters and directory based cache structures.
- Prior experience in verification of cache sub systems in processors and/or cache coherent interconnect such as CCI400
- Prior experience with coherent interfaces like IBM CAPI (Coherent Accelerator Processor Interface)
- Prior experience in working on caching protocols such as ACE and CHI.
- Prior experience in verifying is system/sub system level involving multiple blocks.
- Prior experience in verifying Multichip coherency.
- Prior experience with protocols such as AXI, APB, AHB etc.
- Programming in scripting languages like Python, TCL and Perl.
- Excellent communication skills
- Good problem solving skills and analytical ability
- Familiarity with EDA tools for simulation, debugging, coverage analysis, CDC, LINT etc.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.