Redmond, Washington | Contract
Position Title: SDET 1
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting opportunity with our client in Redmond, WA
The team is about creating beautiful devices and great software that works flawlessly. Creating and managing SW to match the great HW is essential to our business to ensure our customer’ s satisfaction. As the product line grows, our client is in need of strong test talents in FW/SW testing to capture our increasingly customer-focused validations.
A successful candidate is a strong tester with:
- Experience in hardware and software testing using manual and automated testing.
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to clearly express technical concepts in verbal and written forms, and to develop and follow test documentation such as plans, procedures and reports
- Basic skills using multimeters and scopes a plus.
- Good problem solving, debugging and troubleshooting skills.
- Experience in hardware and FW testing a plus.
- Strong customer focus.
- Work within a group to execute test and validation plans to ensure that products and software are up to performance standards and meet release criteria
- Execute manual and automated test cases and report on the test results.
- Install OS’ s, Drivers, BIOS and FW and manipulate system configurations and settings.
- Aid in resolving system bugs including identifying, debugging and documenting them within the internal bug tracking system.
- Bachelor' s degree in Computer Science or Technical Certifications. Business/functional knowledge helpful.
- 0-1 year software testing experience in a Windows client/server environment.
- Experience in development and/or database administration experience using a 6mths -1 year software testing experience in a Windows client/server environment.
- Experience in development and/or database administration experience using a Microsoft product.
- Experience with batch files and command-line Windows utilities may be needed.
- Some knowledge of software quality assurance practices.
- Ability to read logical and physical data model diagrams.
- Ability to read and write C/C++ required.
- Database programming experience i.e. SQL Server, Sybase, Oracle, Informix and/or DB2 may be needed.
- Knowledge of Visual Basic, MFC, OLE, Internet tools, NT, compiler preprocessor.
- Knowledge of personal computer hardware may be needed.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.