Redmond, Washington | Contract
Position Title: Software Development Engineer 2
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract opportunity with our client in Redmond Washington for an experienced Software Engineer:
• Troubleshoot and debug software defects in Windows device drivers
• Implement changes that extend the capabilities of Windows device drivers
• Use kernel debugger to isolate software bugs in Windows drivers (e.g., WinDbg)
• Integrate drivers into custom development builds• Manage software in source code control (e.g., SourceDepot, TFS)
• Write scripts to automate tasks• Work with test team on replicating software failures and analyzing results
• At least five years of C or C++ programming experience
• At least two years of driver development experience (preferably for Windows OS)
• Strong software debugging skills, and ability to use various data collection tools and methodologies to analyze problems and develop solutions
• Strong analytical skills• BSCS, BSEE or similar technical degree
• Experience with Windows driver development (KMDF/UMDF) is highly preferred
• PowerShell, C# or .NET experience
• Depth of experience writing Windows OS drivers and using WinDbg
• Experience using test equipment such as oscilloscopes or bus analyzer tools
• Broad, solid knowledge of the Windows platform, especially kernel mode.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.