Bellevue, Washington | Direct Hire
Position Title: RF Engineer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting opportunity with our client in Bellevue, WA
- Own all stages of the design of RF mmW transceivers, including selection of mmW chipsets, design of LO and inter-chip sync, power supply and biasing, and front-end PA’ s and LNA’ s.
- Own the fabrication of designs from brassboard prototypes through final design verification.
- Integrate organically with manufacturing experts to perform ongoing DFM assessments and improvements.
- PhD in Electrical Engineering, ECE, or Physics, with 4+ years designing W-band radars.
- BS or MS in Electrical Engineering, ECE, or Physics, with 10+ years designing W-band radars.
- Clear experience as lead-engineer designing, fabricating, and testing RF circuits at W-band – preferably specifically for commercial automotive radar - including transceiver MMIC’ s, discrete amplifiers and mixers, and filters.
- Hands-on experience using mmW RF test equipment for design verification, including network analyzers with up-converters, CPW probe and inspection stations, mmW signal-generators and spectrum analyzers, and waveguide (WR10 and WR12) and coax (1mm) based calibration for all of the above.
- Understanding of the challenges and requirements of automotive radar applications, and how these apply to the design of the RF transceiver subsystems.
- Solid background in RF, with proven ability to independently research, scope, propose, design, fabricate, and test W-band radar transceivers.
- Ability to work logically and efficiently in a fast-moving technical environment with tight milestone schedules.
- Deep familiarity with existing and future-roadmap automotive radar chipsets and capabilities.
- Eligibility to handle export controlled data (ITAR, EAR).
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.