R & D Developer
Pleasanton, California | Contract
Position Title: R & D Developer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting opportunity with our client in Pleasanton, CA.
You will be responsible for programing a component, feature and or feature set. Works independently and contributes to the immediate team and to other teams across business. You will also contribute to design discussions.
- Be responsible for defining, developing, and evolving forward looking product ideas in a fast paced and agile development environment using the latest software development technologies and infrastructure
- Work with Product Line Leaders (PLLs) to understand product requirements & vision
- Translate requirements / vision into prioritized list of user stories and deliver to required timelines and quality standards
- Work with product line leaders and architects to develop multi generation software technology plans
- Drive increased efficiency across the teams, eliminating duplication, leveraging product and technology reuse
- Support process improvements which guide the development, sustaining & support activities
- Work cross functionally with other business departments to align activities and deliverables
- Drive world-class quality in the development and support of products
- Ensure team receives consistent messages and has clear understanding of business direction, strategy and results
- Engage subject matter experts in successful transfer of complex domain knowledge
- Apply principles of SDLC and methodologies like Lean/Agile/XP, CI, Software and Product Security, Scalability, Documentation Practices, refactoring and Testing Techniques
- Write code that meets standards and delivers desired functionality using the technology selected for the project
- Understand performance parameters and assess application performance
- Work on core data structures and algorithms and implement them using technology chosen
- Proactively share information across the team, to the right audience with the appropriate level of detail and timeliness
- Bachelor’ s Degree in Computer Science or in “ STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
- A minimum of 4 years of professional experience in software development OR Master’ s degree with 2 years of experience software development.
- GE Leadership Program Graduates will get credit towards relevant work experience, commensurate to the program they have completed
- MUST HAVE experience developing Hybrid Mobile Apps (both Android and iOS) - Hybrid Mobile App development
- The job requires skills in BOTH React.js and React Native, but if the candidate only has experience with one of these, it will be OK as long as they have a good attitude AND have also good experience developing Mobile Apps on both Ios and Android
- Sencha is good to have, but not required.
- Proficiency with implementing REST web services and JSON.
- Ability to switch between different technologies in a short period of time is a big plus.
- Well-developed analytical skills.
- A strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Familiarity with working in a PaaS environment (like force.com) is a plus.
- Familiarity with Amazon IaaS is a plus.
- Demonstrates the initiative to explore alternate technology and approaches to solving problems
- Skilled in breaking down problems, documenting problem statements and estimating efforts
- Demonstrates awareness about competitors and industry trends
- Has the ability to analyze impact of technology choices
- Ability to takes ownership of small and medium sized tasks and deliver while mentoring and helping team members
- Ensures understanding of issues and presents clear rationale. Able to speak to mutual needs and win-win solutions. Uses two-way communication to influence outcomes and ongoing results
- Identifies misalignments with goals, objectives, and work direction against the organizational strategy. Makes suggestions to course correct
- Continuously measures deliverables of self and team against scheduled commitments. Effectively balances different, competing objectives
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Effective team building and problem solving abilities
- Persists to completion, especially in the face of overwhelming odds and setbacks. Pushes self for results; pushes others for results through team spirit
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.