R&D Program Manager
Bothell, Washington | Direct Hire
Position Title: R&D Program Manager
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting direct hire opportunity with our client in Bothel Washington for an experienced R&D Program Manager:
- Function as a core team member and leader of the Program Management Office (PMO) for R&D
- Manage project scope, and coordinate proposals and expense controls as well as justifications for capital, development prototyping, and verification and validation needs.
- Ensure sufficient resources are identified and allocated to the program from both a company and customer perspective.
- Collaborate with internal management team to define R&D objectives, product development budgets, determine timelines, and establish accomplishment milestones to measure progress.
- Stay current and implement emerging technologies to advance medical device design using appropriate materials, and technology that can be transferred to production and manufacturing systems
- Participate in business development issues such as supply agreements, long-term agreements, cost reduction requests, cost sharing requests, pricing negotiations, account reviews, etc.
- Monitor, control, and communicate overall program costs, timing, and deliverables.
- Ensure sufficient resources are identified and allocated to the program.
- Lead and oversee the execution of deliverables by a development team
- Provide leadership mentoring and coaching to less-experienced people leaders (team leads)
- Set and communicate performance expectations and hold team members accountable for achieving expectations and completing assignments
- Coach and mentor staff to deliver excellence to every internal and external customer.
- Drive individuals and the team to continuously improve in key metrics and the achievement of the programs and project goals.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 4 year degree in business, engineering, or technical field of study. MBA or advanced degree in engineering preferred.
- 5+ years of technical product development experience using a PDP process
- 3+ years directly managing engineers or highly technical teams
- 3+ years in the medical device industry or highly regulated industry
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to interface, negotiate influence multi-disciplinary teams and with different levels of personnel.
- Strong technical aptitude and problem solving skills.
- Technical expertise in imaging, handheld and mobile devices, electro-mechanical products preferred.
- Product development experience in medical device environment specific to diagnostic imaging preferred.
- Adheres to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes and ensures that they are communicated and implemented within the team.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.