Menlo Park, California | Contract
Position Title: QA Lead
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting opportunity with our client in Menlo Park, CA.
This team builds the VR hardware and platform to let you experience anything, anywhere, with anyone. Additionally, there are teams dedicated to building social experiences in VR that make it easier to spend time with your friends, wherever they are. Virtual reality' s potential to connect the world is immense and we' re just getting started. Research is driving the state of the art forward with breakthrough work in computer vision, advanced optics, eye tracking, mixed reality, and new ways to map the human body. We’ re a world leader in the design of virtual and augmented reality systems. Come work alongside expert software engineers and research scientists to create the technology that makes VR and AR pervasive and universal. Join the adventure of a lifetime as we make science fiction real and change the world. As a QA Lead, you' ll ensure the delivery of a high-quality software and platform for our product lines. You' ll be responsible for building and executing test strategy and plans across multiple products and platforms while working with engineering teams to identify and resolve defects. You will ensure the release of Oculus product will delight our customers. The ideal candidate is a detail-oriented engineer, with a passion for building great software products and improving engineering efficiency.
- Build a test-driven engineering culture that drives improvements in quality.
- Implement process changes to scale testing efforts across multiple products.
- Test functionality of games and apps built for our VR ecosystem.
- Plan, develop and execute test coverage for multiple platforms.
- Diagnose issues, report defects, and propose regression tests to discover reoccurrences.
- Work with engineers and project leads to triage and prioritize issues for resolution.
- Own the process of creating metrics to measure and monitor product performance.
- Partner with Automation and Infrastructure team to leverage automation to allow better reliability and scalability.
- 5yrs+ relatable experience
- Experience debugging applications on Platform, PC and Mobile component.
- Experience building, shipping, and maintaining commercial software.
- Experience coding in Python, PHP, Java, C/C++ or equivalent language.
Nice to Have:
- Experience in managing black box and white box testing.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.