QA /Tools and Automation Engineer
San Francisco, California | Contract To Hire
Position Title: Tools and Automation Engineer
Position Description: Our client is seeking an experienced Tools engineer to help develop tools to improve our build, test, and release infrastructure. The platform processes giant event streams of all kinds, identifying patterns, trends and opportunities to intervene and improve processes, aided by machine learning. Their vision will change the way people engage across multiple industries, be it retail, finance, or healthcare.
- Design and build tooling and infrastructure to help engineering teams measure and increase their productivity.
- Analyze and decompose complex software systems and collaborate with cross-functional teams to influence design and testability.
- Design and build advanced automated build, test and release infrastructure
- Drive adoption of best practices in coding, testing, and maintainability
- Actively participate in code reviews.
- Improving the build and deployment pipeline to enable the team to test, build, and deploy more effectively.
- Debug issues in builds before they are delivered, identifying potential problem areas, investigating.
- Software development experience using functional languages (Haskell, Scala, etc.) to build production systems or complex personal projects, or to make major OSS contributions
- Experience in at least one of the following: build infrastructure, optimizing software, debugging, building tools, testing frameworks, and test automation
- Ability to define deliverables and collaborate with teams until production deployment.
- Demonstrated ability in System design and architecture skills, as you will be extensively working on building tools and infrastructure.
- Experience working in a CI/ CD system like CircleCI, Travis CI, Bamboo, or Jenkins and a good understanding of build systems.
- Familiarity with distributed version control system like git
Job Bonus Items:
- Experience building tools for micro-services test automation is a plus.
- Driven to constantly improve systems
- Dynamic, influential individual with great teamwork
- Passionate about technology and enjoys hacking/prototyping on the side
- Experience developing tools for cloud applications
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.