Menlo Park, California | Contract
Position Title: Project Manager
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting opportunity with our client in Menlo Park, CA.
- Provide leadership in project management skill and methodology across a diverse team.
- Work across teams to define roadmaps internally and with cross functional partners.
- Work with partners to execute projects in roadmap, identify milestones, create deployment plans, utilize project technology tools to track and communicate projects and milestones
- Manage day to day task movement on projects, communicate roadmap, project plans, status, milestones, risks/issues/blockers and anything else up and down the chain of management and to stakeholder community
- Lead a cross functional effort to improve and formalize project management best practices in the environment.
- Identify and manage overall project delivery risks through effective identification, mitigation and tracking of the identified risks.
- Work proactively to set customer expectations to assure the acceptance of the project deliverables and to enhance long-term customer satisfaction.
- Facilitate discussion with project stakeholders to outline scope, goals, deliverables, resource needs, and timelines.
- Solid background and experience in both traditional and agile project management methodologies (At least 5 years)
- Experience managing at least 3 technical implementations end-to-end with at least 15 stakeholders per project
- Ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects of varying sizes in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Basic understanding of current infrastructure technologies and trends
- Experience in conflict resolution
- Flexibility in approach and methodology, figure out the best approach for seeing a project to completion, intuitively know when to be hands on/hands off
- Effective listening skills
- Communicate project plans to both business and technical audiences
- Experience collaborating across multiple disciplines
- Ability to lead without expressed authority; influence decisions and outcomes up and down the chain of command
- Detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task, meet deadlines, quickly process information, and demonstrate a dedication to ensuring and maintaining the quality of the product
- Inherent ability to think multiple steps ahead and take proactive steps to address roadblocks, issues, and distractions
- Problem-solver who has a demonstrated ability to overcome challenges with creative solutions
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.