Project Manager - Infrastructure Services
Plano, Texas | Contract
Position Title: Project Manager – Infrastructure Services
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting opportunity with our client in Plano, TX for a results oriented, driven individual with excellent communication skills to manage infrastructure initiatives utilizing various technologies. Candidate will work as the key interface with Stakeholders, Program/Project Management, IT Managers, SME’ s and project teams to manage project efforts.
The role also involves scoping and planning of future initiatives for the business partners. Manage the delivery of multiple projects concurrently that have moderate to high levels of business or technical complexity and risk, which involves multiple business areas and owners. Manage cross function dependencies and impacts and be accountable to ensure project commitments and deliverables are met.
- Provide global and cross-functional leadership to local and virtual project teams, building a collaborative and productive environment for teams to excel in.
- Steward Infrastructure initiatives through various phases of the program/project lifecycle to meet business objectives.
- Plans and manages scope, resources, schedule, and quality of the project or program to meet objectives and deliverables.
- Understands the project or program charter to develop the scope statement and the work breakdown structure.
- Manages the project or program scope through the life cycle to control changes.
- Integrates and coordinates all project or program plans to create a consistent, coherent document; carries out the plan by ensuring activities are performed.
- Manage approval decisions in the Program Lifecycle and the work required to meet the respective exit criteria for each decision.
- Defines measures and tracks the program/project critical success indicators (CSIs) to meet requirements.
- Determines the resources (people, hardware, and materials), quantities, and timing needed to carry out project or program activities; identifies, documents, and assigns roles, responsibilities, and reporting relationships.
- Ensures complete and correct business requirements are gathered, analyzed, documented and prioritized based on business value and project objectives.
- Understands the technical concepts, architecture, systems, development methods, and disciplines associated with the defined projects, applies the knowledge to deliverables, and leverages it to meet/accelerate project deliverables.
- Creates the integrated program/project schedule with start and finish dates; analyzes activity sequences, durations, dependencies, constraints, and resource requirements and makes recommendations to meet commitments; involves senior management in the negotiation of schedule changes that require trade-offs of the project/program constraints; baselines the schedule.
- Identifies, documents, communicates and tracks risks and their characteristics through PLC; performs analysis of risks, and potential impact; develops risk responses and mitigation plans to prioritized risks and ensures the execution of risk plans and their effectiveness.
- Responsible for project status reporting to program management and leadership.
- Foster a climate conducive to establishing positive working relationships with project team members and colleagues.
- BA/BS degree in Project Management or related field
- 5+ years’ experience in a professional services environment exhibiting proven project management and end-to-end experience with IT infrastructure, processes and technologies.
- Experience with coordinating key teams and resources for data center/infrastructure build out and infrastructure deployment.
- Familiarity with Cisco UCS is a plus.
- Experience working closely with and managing tasks for infrastructure technology teams.
- Experience directly managing and coordinating migrations including data center, network, storage, and security systems engineers.
- Previous experience in physical as well as virtual/Cloud infrastructure deliverables is a plus.
- Previous experience with disaster recovery and business continuity implementations; documentation and managing/coordinating execution of DR tests.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven interpersonal skills & track record managing work in a matrixed environment.
- Ability to " think outside the box" to mitigate issues/risks and develop innovative solutions working with project team members.
- Must have strong analytical, negotiation, presentation and organizational skills and abilities.
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office 2013 (Project, Word, PowerPoint, Excel) & SharePoint
- PMI Certification a plus
- ITIL Certification a plus
- Proficiency in PMM/Agile tools a plus.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.