Project Manager - Data Center Operations
Menlo Park, California | Contract
Position Title: Project Manager - Data Center Operations
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting opportunity with our client in Menlo Park, CA for a talented PM for an exciting long term contract.
- Manage cross-functional site infrastructure projects in a matrix organization.
- Manage and Coordinate activities related to hardware decommissioning, rack moves and services migration within various Data Centers.
- Work with cross functional teams such as Technical Program Managers, Data Center Operations, Compliance, Logistics on infrastructure projects.
- Develop end to end project plans, drive project execution, monitor and track progress, ensure target deadlines are met.
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule and ensure proper communication to all stakeholders.
- Build and manage relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Create and maintain project/process documentation.
- Identify gaps and communicate to relevant teams to drive improvements/feature requests. Drive internal process improvements across multiple teams and functions.
- Establish a communication plan to update stakeholders, provide frequent program updates, manage weekly status reporting.
- Identify and communicate risks and work on mitigation plans.
- Point of contact for project related escalations – first call resolution for issues. Review operational issues and determine if a technology solution is required or a process correction needs to be made.
- Identify operational pain points and opportunities to improve business practices and prioritize resources in areas that will deliver the greatest impact.
- Ensure there is sound communication between various groups and projects. Maintain program status wiki pages and provide frequent program updates. Identify and communicate risks and adjustments to the overall program.
- Provide day-to-day coordination and quality assurance for projects and tasks
- Bachelor’ s degree in MIS, computer science, systems engineering, business, or a related field.
- Minimum 3 years work experience in Project Management with a demonstrated track record of delivering business value using technology solutions in high-tech operations space.
- Proven project management, interpersonal, and communication skills, with high attention to detail.
- Strong communication and coordination skills
- Must be proactive with proven ability to execute on multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to collaborate with different individuals across the organization and within other geographies, and " roll-up the sleeves" in order to accomplish all necessary tasks
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Resourceful, action-orientated with the ability to get things done and overcome obstacles
- Data Center experience and past experience as an engineer a plus
- Ability to closely walk the line between business and technology
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.