Program and Product Manager
Bellevue, Washington | Contract To Hire
Position Title: Program and Product Manager
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract opportunity with our client is seeking talented Program and Product Managers to join their team in Bellevue, WA.
The ideal candidate will have a strong technology background, experience in technical product development, and with specialties in the Semiconductor/Electronics, mobile, wireless, and security industries. The candidate will have a successful history of leading complex program and product development efforts in a fast paced environment from concept to product delivery.
- Manages programs of a large global scope, impact and complexity through all phases of the life-cycle.
- Manages inter-dependencies and integration among multiple projects, teams, and stakeholders.
- Handles cross organizational programs of broad scope and high complexity or of broad scope and moderate complexity usually managing a core team that manages functionally specific teams.
- Sets direction for programs directly related to corporate policies or important business operations to meet strategic goals of significance.
- Leads the core team and guides performance of functional teams.
- This employee is the key interface with stakeholders and leadership internally and externally.
- Assigns overall tasks to others managing general areas of responsibility in support of program goals.
- Exercises judgment and discretion to develops solutions, remove obstacles and redefine approaches.
- Oversees identification of tasks and research, dependencies, costs assign resources, and communicates expectations to core team members.
- Creates/tracks/adjusts the program schedule.
- Assesses risks and identifies solutions to timely, efficient achievement of program goals.
- Ensures that quality standards and budget constraints are met.
- Ensures appropriate progress against schedule and takes remedial action as appropriate.
- Prioritizes utilization of resources with other functions.
- Has advanced understanding of the technical concepts, architecture, systems, development methods, and disciplines associated with the defined program, and utilizes knowledge to accelerate project completion.
- Bachelor’ s degree in Computer Science Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Biomedical Engineering required; MS in Engineering preferred.
- Technical in-depth understanding of Biometrics (HWs, sensors, SW, algorithms) and their applications required. Experience in the smart cards industry preferred.
- 7-10 yrs. of experience in people management, program/product management and platform portfolio management.
- Proven technical capability / experience as a full-time program manager in the semiconductor or relevant industry.
- Experience with Scrum/Agile methodology.
- Exceptional written, verbal, presentation and communication skills required with high attention to detail.
- Strong team building skills and able to develop relationships with Engineering, Sales, Production, and Management.
- Timely and decisive decision-making skills, outstanding time management skills, flexible and easily adapts to change and positive attitude and professional approach.
- Desirable: Master degree or equivalent experience.
- ASIC program management preferred.
- PMP certified preferred. • This position will be traveling 10-15%, domestic and international.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.