Redmond, Washington | Direct Hire
Position Title: Program Manager
Position Description: Our Redmond client is looking for a Program Manager for a direct hire opportunity. The ideal candidate will be responsible and accountable for the successful completion of assigned programs and projects, primarily in the areas of Department of Defense and Law Enforcement.
- Simultaneously supports multiple programs/projects of various complexity
- Supports business development, engineering, operations for proposal, design and development, product management, and internal research and development programs
- Lead work breakdown structure definition, cost estimation, risk estimation, and high-level schedule creation during proposal development
- Interpret RFP requirements and lead the creation of proposal approach and content
- Establish, communicate project/program objectives, and priorities to the team and the facility leadership team
- Establish and maintain a project and/or program plan for each activity/customer
- Interpret, translate, and flow down requirements into the plan
- Contract management with the support of General Counsel
- Interpretation of, and compliance with, customer and government technical specifications and government regulations
- Deployment of program management tools (such as Gantt Master Integrated Program Schedule (MIPS), Work Breakdown Structure (WBS), and other reporting requirements in coordination with internal entities
- Effectively orchestrating the activities of teams to meet scope/schedule requirements
- Establishing and communicating a common understanding among team members regarding program/project tasks timelines and milestones, budgets, and deliverables
- Participate in program management and design reviews
- Planning and implementing corrective actions to mitigate schedule, budget and technical deficiencies
- Ensuring the product design and manufacturing methods are compliant with customer, regulatory and company mandated requirements
- Creating, compiling and publishing Contract Data Requirements List (CDRL) documents
- Configuration Control, including submittal of requests for changing previously approved Configuration Control Items to the Customer
- Needs to be well versed in Product Development Processes including all phases of development, phase gate exit reviews and release to production
- Acts as a formal liaison with external customers
- Developing internal PM processes that promote organizational efficiency and agility
- Resources and schedule planning for prospective new opportunities
- Supports development and release of white papers
- Participating in business development activities
- Performing other duties, as assigned
- Bachelor' s Degree or Master' s Degree in Engineering, Business Management or related field from an accredited college or university,
- 5-10 years of experience as a Program Manager (in commercial and government environments); or an acceptable combination of education and experience in the defense and/or aerospace industries.
- PMI certified Program Management Professional (PMP) status preferred.
- Microsoft Office Suite - Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Microsoft Project
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.