Program Manager 3
12920 SE 38th Street Bellevue, WA 98006
Position Title: Program Manager 3
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract opportunity with our client in Bellevue, Washington
- Provide high-touch and hands-on team guidance, support, and coaching in close cooperation and collaboration across all roles and functions, to facilitate increasing maturity at a sustainable pace.
- Act as a trusted advisor to each DevOps team they are immersed with to guide those teams through their Agile transformation.
- Lead training sessions to educate individuals and teams on Agile Values, Principles, and Practices.
- Assist Agile project teams at all levels with their transformation with the goal to improve delivery performance through coaching and mentoring on team roles, tools, processes, and ceremonies. Identify opportunities for individuals and team-based continuous improvements.
- Advance Business, IT, and Operations leadership understanding of their respective roles within Agile.
- Demonstrated ability to build, develop, and coach high performing software development teams.
- Understand and speak to other processes and methodologies and leverage those other techniques to provide value to a team and to the enterprise.
- Evaluate existing processes and procedures.
- Make recommendations and drive process improvement and adoption of best practices (processes, tools, etc.) to improve team efficiency and effectiveness.
- Be a change agent: Identify ways to improve processes and remove bottlenecks to systemically improve how we deliver value to customers: Fast and Right.
- Proven skills and practical knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency.
- Knowledge of numerous, well-documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach (e.g., burndown techniques, retrospective formats, test driven development, etc.).
- Understand and speak to other engineering and/or business processes and leverage those other techniques to provide value to a team and to the enterprise.
- Understand incremental delivery and the value of metrics. Understand the value of commitments to delivery made by a development team.
- At least 5 years relevant experience required.
- Experience managing multiple concurrent projects (greater than 5). High energy and a positive outlook
- Possess a capability to operate at both the strategic and tactical details.
- An entrepreneurial spirit with the ability to drive innovation independently.
- Passion to make things better at every opportunity.
- Ability to coordinate between technical teams and business stakeholders.
- Experience managing highly technical complex projects with team members that are globally disbursed.
- Deep understanding of project management methodologies (Agile and waterfall) with real-life application.
- Proven ability to influence without authority.
- Excellent communication and organization skills.
- 5 plus years of experience in Agile development including coaching on agile methodologies
- Have extensive knowledge of IT concepts, strategies, methodologies, architectures and technical standards
- Can coach a team and stakeholders on Agile practices and ensure adherence to Agile methodology
- Strong facilitation skills in leading planning meetings, reviews, and retrospectives
- Communicate clearly and have the ability to deliver complex messages and teach new concepts
- Coaching and mentoring a team to maximize progress and potential
- Are motivated and driven, and have the ability to influence and drive teams to success using Agile/scrum/Lean practices
- Scrum Master Certification (Preferred)Demonstrated ability to lead cross functional teamwork in and across teams and organizations.
- Ability to identify potential issues and dependencies early.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.
Meet Your Recruiter
I have an ability to connect with engineers easily, with an engineering background myself, I can relate and communicate using the same language. I have been working in Technical staffing at Protingent since 2011. I have two dogs, Kaleb & Kayce and two cats, Mika and Shiloh. I am originally from upstate New York, but love living in the Pacific Northwest! I have a passion for cars, old and new.