Portland, Oregon | Direct Hire
Position Title: Product Manager
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting direct hire opportunity with our client in Portland Oregon for an experienced Product Manager: An experienced Production Manager/Director able to lead, organize, and oversee the production of all Products. The Production Manager/Director is ultimately responsible for the smooth operation of all production lines and quality of output. This is a newly created position in response to the rapid growth of the business.
This is a hands-on position. Our client is known for the quality of its products and for its customer responsiveness. The successful candidate will have sufficient management and technical background to ensure the smooth doubling of production volumes without sacrifice in product quality. Manufacturing floor primarily involved with mechanical assembly of small conductively cooled electronics enclosures, simple cable fabrication and test, and occasional manual soldering. Product volume is in the lower thousands per year.
- Provide senior level leadership, based on industry experience, to aid us in implementing tools/methods/procedures in response to higher volume and growth.
- Develop production forecast in collaboration with VP of Product Development
- Keep and track production material authorizations vs factory builds
- Monitor and proactively work with purchasing on lead time and material priorities to ensure complete kits reach the factory floor for assembly
- Develop production schedule in collaboration with VP of Product Development
- Develop monthly build schedule based on material availability, orders, and corporate goals
- Work with team to be nimble and creative in adjusting schedule in response to unplanned events to ensure factory floor remains productive.
- Propose, coordinate, and implement factory process improvements in response to increased demand.
- Grow/Develop/Guide high potential staff members for increased responsibility.
- Responsible to ensure new staff receive introductory training and then ongoing training for all staff as appropriate
- Work with factory and engineering teams on implementation of product improvements/changes/customer requested modifications. Strong coordination with engineering and procurement is required.
- Monitor factory WIP and inventory levels
- Supplier qualification and supplier material non-conformance resolution in coordination with purchasing.
- Conduct and support accounting on material transactions post shipment
- Direct Staff to pull kits, analyze shortages, and work with procurement on addressing material shortages
- Provide day to day work direction to factory supervisor and staff
- Responsible for ensuring archiving and maintenance of all production build and quality records for each product shipped
- Work closely and cooperatively with factory team, including development engineering, on problem identification and resolution
- Maintain existing high standards of assembly and quality on the production floor
- Strong experience/capabilities in NPI and transition of product variants onto the factory floor
- Work with engineering on development and maintenance of ECN/ECO system
- Maintain compliance status with regulatory requirements (Conflicted Materials, etc…)
- Provide reporting to management on RMA status and scheduling.
- Anticipate problems and provide pro-active measures.
- Performance requires physical attendance and overtime should be expected
- Other duties as assigned
- 10+ years’ experience leading a small to moderate size electronics manufacturing organization.
- Experience in a low to moderate volume manufacturing environment is a requirement (100’ s and 1000’ s of units per year).
- Strong leadership skills. Ability to grow, motivate, and educate staff is critical.
- Experience with ERP/MRP systems is a requirement. Expertise in ERP/MRP appropriate for small/medium sized business is desired.
- Experience with con-current NPI and production runs is required.
- Knowledge of fastener types, press-in hardware, adhesives and assembly methods
- Experience in cable harnesses, wiring and cable management
- Experience in circuit board assembly, standards, and soldering
- Experience with formed sheet metal and machined metal fabrication techniques and standards
- Must be self-motivated with the ability to multi-task in a small team environment
- Attention to detail and quality orientation a must
- Able to communicate clearly within the manufacturing environment and with key contacts in other departments
- A broad range of industry experience is desired.
- Must possess sufficient technical skills to properly train new staff in assembly/QC procedures and to monitor their progress and output to ensure no gaps in performance.
- Must be able to coordinate effectively with other departments including purchasing, warehouse, accounting and product design.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail is a must
- Must be able to self-organize workloads and manage all deadlines
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.