Product Designer - Data
Menlo Park, California | Contract
Position Title: Product Designer - Data
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract opportunity with our client in Menlo Park California for an talented Product Designer.
Job Requirements: As a Product Designer of Data Tools, you will be involved in every aspect of the product development process, from brainstorming the next great product innovation to tweaking pixels right before a product/feature releases. You will be expected to utilize your full range of product design, interaction design, and visual design skills, and you will own an entire product space or work on projects that encompass multiple features that are broad/ambiguous in scope.
- Take broad, conceptual ideas and turn them into something useful and valuable for diverse technical and non-technical audiences
- Design information dense flows and experiences that are incredibly simple, elegant, and efficient
- Contribute to high-level strategic decisions with the rest of the product and executive teams
- Design new patterns or introduce new standards that later become adopted by others
- Give and solicit feedback from other designers in order to continually raise our bar for quality Partner with PMs, engineers, and researchers to oversee the user experience of a product from conception until launch (and then some)
- Excellent communication skills (you should be able to clearly articulate your design decisions).
- Ability to think at a high level about product strategy and vision (not just ' how it should look' but ' what we should build') Understanding of the principles of data visualization and interactive design
- Some experience manipulating and analyzing complex, high-volume, and high-dimensionality data from various sources, using tools such as SQL, MS Excel, Tableau, MicroStrategy, etc is preferred
- Some experience with front-end programming is desired (e.g. you should be able to code up a simple web site).
- Must have a portfolio featuring examples of interaction design work and data visualizatio
- Bachelor’ s degree in a design-related field (human-computer interaction, human factors, or graphic design), or equivalent practical experience
- 2+ years of online application design
- 2+ years of visual design
- 2+ years of interaction design
- APPLICATION DESIGN
- DATA VISUALIZATION
- DECISION SUPPORT
- INTERACTION DESIGN
- INTERACTIVE DESIGN
- MS EXCEL
- PRODUCT DESIGNER
- VISUAL DESIGN
- EXCELLENT COMMUNICATION SKILLS
- FRONT END
- FRONT END DESIGN
- GRAPHIC DESIGN
- HUMAN FACTORS
- MACHINE LEARNING
- NEW PRODUCTS
- PRODUCT DESIGN
- PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT
- USER EXPERIENCE
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.