Process Improvement Engineer - Complex Capital Equipment
Sunnyvale, California | Direct Hire
Position Title: Process Improvement Engineer – Complex Capital Equipment
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting opportunity with our client in Sunnyvale, CA for an experienced Engineer to join our client’ s185+ and growing employee company. Reporting to the VP of Manufacturing, you will be involved in process optimization and sustaining engineering for existing capital equipment and consumable products, and will become an in-house expert on how to build, troubleshoot, calibrate, test, and document liquid handling systems while training technicians and introducing new products.
Qualified candidates must be able to work independently and as a member of cross-functional teams, executing tasks on-time and to specification.
- Develop, recommend, implement, document, and maintain methods, fixtures and processes required to meet product specifications, improve products and/or processes, and reduce costs
- Oversee the collection of and analyze system performance data to proactively improve product quality
- Train manufacturing personnel in required processes for product test, and monitor effectiveness of training and processes
- Diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues involving systems in various stages of the manufacturing and calibration process
- Specify new software tools and write scripts to be used in Manufacturing for instrument calibration and data analysis
- Assist with definition and execution of product validation testing; lead pilot efforts and release to Manufacturing
- Represent Manufacturing on product development teams
- BS + 15yrs, or MS + 12yrs, or PhD + 8yrs in Engineering or Physics
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant hands-on experience in manufacturing, testing, or design of capital equipment, including RF, stepper motors, linear motion control, digital and analog control, DC power, fluidics, and precision mechanisms
- Ability to analyze large data sets for process optimization and quality control
- Demonstrated experience in the analysis and improvement of manufacturing processes and operations in terms of cost, quality, and efficiency
- Demonstrated ability to integrate, test, and troubleshoot complex capital equipment consisting of electronic, mechanical, and software subsystems
- Analytical, methodical, and detail-oriented in planning, experimentation, and analysis
- Superior problem solving skills
- Well-versed in statistics, engineering analysis tools, DOE, DFM, etc.
- Excellent oral and written communication, planning, organizational & interpersonal skills
Desirable Skills and Attributes:
- Good understanding of image or signal processing
- Ability to write software scripts; experience in VB.NET or C# is a plus
- Ability to design test fixtures
- Understanding of fluids, and fluid interface issues
- Familiarity with liquid handling and molecular biology
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.