Privacy and Security Compliance Project Manager
Newark, California | Contract
Position Title: Privacy and Security Compliance Project Manager
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting opportunity with our client in Newark, CA.
- Help to coordinate our global privacy program framework for the legal department and to develop and manage internal controls relating to privacy and security legal frameworks.
- Help to ensure appropriate policies and procedures are in place that set minimum standard for managing privacy-related risks.
- Work on projects related to ongoing compliance with data protection and privacy laws, and related requirements
- Establish and manage tools for documenting and tracking compliance with our global legal obligations, including data impact assessments.
- Coordinate internal and external audits of our privacy systems and procedures.
- Assist in the development and deployment of trainings that highlight legal obligations and best practices
- Be flexible and willing to work on projects in other areas.
- B.A. or B.S. degree or equivalent project or program management experience
- 5+ years of experience in auditing, consulting, legal, or program management environments
- Experience advancing multiple projects as a project manager
- Experience prioritizing and managing multiple projects with varying deadlines
- Experience with project management practices, tools, and methodology
- Ability to multitask effortlessly and manage competing priorities under demanding deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly, manage projects and drive/achieve results, while working with minimal direction.
- Security Compliance and Privacy Experience
- CIPP Certification is desired
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.