Principal Software Engineer
Menlo Park, California | Direct Hire
Position Title: Principal Software Engineer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting direct-hire opportunity with our client in Menlo Park, CA. You will be responsible for overseeing internal and external software development activities. The job also includes responsibility to ensure the design and development work is completed in compliance with the Quality System.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following (other duties may be assigned as necessary):
- Leads design and development of all aspects of the fitting software
- The Principal Software Engineer will be involved in the full development lifecycle of software development including involvement in the strategic contribution to new ideas, providing high level technical mentoring and coaching to senior team members, attaining pre agreed schedules and offering software solutions to a complex level.
- Takes ownership of product subcomponents including functional specification, design, implementation and maintenance of software applications.
- Performs functional gain testing, correct programming, modifications and acoustical adjustments
- Works with clinical team to support studies and create tools to aid studies
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering and/or in Computer Science required, Advanced degree MS desired.
- Minimum of 7 years hearing-aid medical device product development experience with new and complex medical devices.
- Project management skills.
- Solid GUI experience preferred.
- Software expert in C#/C++ and software architecture using .NET on Windows platforms.
- Experience with gain prescription algorithms, data analytics and Cloud based applications.
- Demonstrated experience in managing internal and external development resources to achieve product development goals.
- Excellent verbal and writing skills, leadership skills and collaborative orientation.
- Experience with HF design and developing regional localized versions
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.