Redmond, Washington | Contract
Position Title: PDM-PLM Specialist
Position Description: Our client in Redmond Washington has an immediate opportunity for a contract PDM/PLM Specialist. You will work closely with the Operations, Product Development, and Engineering teams to streamline document control and configuration management processes, fine tune our PLM and PDM system implementation and manage the respective databases.
- Analyze current configuration management and document control processes, and identify areas for improvement.
- Formulate and implement improvement plans.
- Update and release process documentation, create training material and conduct training as needed.
- Support continuous improvement initiatives related to document and product configuration control processes and procedures.
- Evaluate current Arena and PDM Professional implementation and identify areas for improvement.
- Work with respective software providers on a staged release process for system improvements.
- Execute the above by leveraging expertise of applicable modules and functions within PDM, PLM, and CAD applications.
- Associate degree (or equivalent) in a technology, business or other related field. Bachelor degree from an accredited university in a technology, business, or process development field is preferred.
- Minimum five years’ experience working within the product development lifecycle of an electromechanical or other technological industry. At least three of those years must have been managing engineering documentation and product configurations.
- Highly proficient with the Office suite of tools including Word, Excel, Visio, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent command of the English language, both written and verbal is required.
- Extensive knowledge of document and configuration control tools found within PLM and PDM applications.
- Proficiency with SolidWorks, SolidWorks PDM Professional, and Arena cloud-based PLM is required.
- Data migration experience is desired but not required.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.