Redmond, Washington | Contract
Position Title: PCB Designer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract opportunity with our client in Redmond Washington for an experienced PCB Designer:
Under minimum supervision and within tight schedules, designs and documents high density, highly complex multilayer printed circuits, flex circuits, and accompanying drawings within all applicable design guidelines. Additionally prepares documentation for mechanical descriptions of test fixtures and test systems.
- Enter data required for printed circuit design revisions or simple printed circuits including mechanical, board outline, void areas, targets, schematic nodes, part shaper, hole or pad updates, special line widths, unique new requirements, etc.
- Locate various parts observing part height restrictions, electrical sensitivity, inner layers, off-board access, off-board adjustment, connector placement, and other constraints.
- Connect circuits using current computer aided design practices. Monitor flow solder limitations, manufacturability improvements, and net list vs schematic continuity. Perform detailed layout tolerance analyses.
- Complete printed circuit board artwork, drill and trim, assembly, silk screen, panelizing, parts lists, and schematic drawings describing a printed circuit or flex circuit.
- Understanding of IPC standards as they relate to PCB fabrication and assembly.
- Resolve design problems by consulting with computer aided design vendor representative, other senior printed circuit designers or design supervisor.
- Use computer tools to document fixtures and test systems including mechanical descriptions and text as appropriate.
- Work with engineers, technicians, supervisor and outside vendors to understand projects and negotiate solutions to problems.
- Report status of all assigned drawings to supervisor. Responsible for time-to-complete estimates for all assigned drawings.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Associate degree in applicable discipline or equivalent experience
- 5 years drafting/design experience
- Expert user in Cadence Allegro PCB
- Knowledge of Cadence Allegro HDL/PCB CAD library architecture and management
- Flexibility: ability to accommodate requirements specific to the client while maintaining library integrity.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.