Redmond, Washington | Contract
Position Title: Optimization SDET
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract opportunity with our client in Redmond Washington for an experienced Optimization SDET.
Assist with the development of infrastructure automation components, including: automated testing harnesses (integration, functional and load tests); configuration management; deployment orchestration; reporting; and other operational automation tasks. Will engage in peer review with the rest of the team to ensure the quality of solutions developed. Completes tasks as directed by team leadership to improve existing systems and processes.
- Bachelor’ s degree in CS or similar is a plus
- 4 years+ experience producing written documentation.
- 4 years+ performance tuning of Java apps based on results of performance tests
- 2 years+ experience with Agile working practices
- 2 years+ automating data migrations between PROD and TEST environments to support testing
- 2 years+ experience operating Linux systems from the command line
Ideal candidate will have:
- SDET/Optimization/ Performance Test Engineering experience
- Bash scripting and strong configuration management with puppet, chef, salt or ansible
- Experienced building performance test harnesses for Java apps (SOAP preferred) with JMeter
- Gaming experience is a plus
- Python scripting is a plus
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.