Optical Test Engineer
Redmond, Washington | Contract
Position Title: Optical Test Engineer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting opportunity with our client in Redmond, WA for a HW Test Tech to develop and execute system level optical testing. This resource should have extensive HW test experience with consumer electronics products, with experience testing optical HW a big plus.
This position is within a small, highly skilled team of optical development and test engineers working on products at the leading edge of optical design. Team members are cross-trained in all aspects of optical test, so must be willing to think creatively and work diligently to evolve new skills. The ability to communicate well with other team members and pitch in to support overall team goals is crucial.
- Test execution of optical HW test cases with minimal supervision.
- Motivated, communicates well, and able to work independently with minimal supervision towards defined task milestones within a team environment.
- Good organizational skills and capable of managing multiple simultaneous tasks effectively.
- Familiar with typical lab equipment, including thermal chambers, stepper motors, thermocouples, and lighting controllers.
- Good writing skills. Capable of performing data analysis, generate bugs, and write test reports.
- Read schematics, soldering skills, assemble basic electrical circuits.
- Familiarity with optical hardware and optical testing techniques a big plus.
- Experience with Matlab, C++, scripting programs, statistical analysis, and mechanical aptitude all pluses.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidate.