Operations Program Manager - Network Services
Menlo Park, California | Contract
Position Title: Operations Program Manager – Network Services
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting opportunity with our client in Menlo Park, CA.
We are seeking a project/program manager with web and enterprise infrastructure environment experience. The Infrastructure Services and Operational Support team designs, implements and continuously evolves systems and processes to support all aspects of network and data center operations. In this role you will work closely with Data Center Managers, network engineers, key Infrastructure business stakeholders, and external partners to devise technical solutions for business problems and own delivery from concept to creation. The Operations Program Manager will support our global deployments and operations within production sites and experimental technology testbeds.
- Coordinate cross-functional site infrastructure projects in a matrix organization covering a range of areas (data center, network, logistics, supply chain, compliance, and infrastructure software engineering)
- Identify operational pain points and opportunities to improve business practices and drive internal process improvements across multiple teams and functions
- Review operational issues and determine if a technology solution is required or a process correction needs to be made
- Elicit detailed business requirements by engaging the business to capture clear functional design artifacts using techniques like use cases, data diagrams and process flow diagrams
- Provide hands on program and project management during analysis, design, development, testing, implementation, and post implementation phases
- Perform risk management and change management on projects
- Provide day-to-day coordination and quality assurance for projects and tasks
- Work independently with minimal supervisiont
- Foster a culture of data driven decision making
- Resourceful, action-orientated with the ability to get things done and overcome obstacles and develop creative solutions to problems
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including relationship building and collaboration within a diverse, cross-functional team
- Bachelor’ s degree in computer science, systems engineering, electrical engineering, or technical field
- Minimum 4 years of work experience in Project Management with a demonstrated track record of delivering business value using technology solutions in high-tech operations space
- Demonstrated ability to quickly adapt and learn new skill sets.
- Proven project management, interpersonal, and communication skills, with high attention to detail
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, negotiation and organizational skills with a clear focus under pressure
- Strong organizational and coordination skills along with multi-tasking capabilities to get things done in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and demonstrate attention to detail
Be independent and thorough in examination and analysis, alongside results oriented
- Ability to collaborate with different individuals across external organizations, within other geographies, and " roll-up the sleeves" in order to accomplish all necessary tasks
- Cross-functional management skills.
- Strong systems development and deployment experience preferred
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.