Network Security Engineer
San Jose, California | Contract
Position Title: Network Security Engineer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting opportunity with our client in San Jose, CA
The Network Security Engineer will work within the Network Security Team. The Network Security Engineer uses technical knowledge on a number of security technologies to analyze and respond to security threats from various security platforms and technologies. The Network Security Engineer serves as an escalation point for critical and complex client issues, performs configuration and testing of products, assists with developing and documenting work processes and trains other members of the team.
- Responsible for initial triage of incoming client issues.
- Address basic MSS and support-based client configuration issues and alerts.
- Will also handle the most complex issues and alerts escalated to them by SOC Technicians, and SOC Engineer I and II employees.
- Analyze and respond to security threats from various security platforms and technologies.
- Support, troubleshoot, configure, manage, and upgrade FW, WAF and a wide variety of other security products.
- Perform network troubleshooting to isolate and diagnose common network problems, using strong TCP/IP networking skills.
- Respond to inbound requests via phone and other electronic means for technical assistance with managed devices.
- Respond in a timely manner (within documented SLA) to configuration, maintenance, incident management, and other requests.
- Document actions in ticketing system to effectively communicate information internally and to customers.
- Respond to needs and questions of customers concerning their access to network resources through their managed device.
- Resolve problems independently and understand escalation procedures.
- Create custom documentation for internal needs.
- Attend vendor-specific meetings and conferences for business and professional development.
- Responsible for testing and configuring new products and technologies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Associates Degree or equivalent from two-year College or technical school in Information Technology, Information Security/Assurance, Engineering or related field of study; at least two years of related experience and/or training (in addition to experience requirements below); or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Bachelor Degree in Information Technology, Information Security/Assurance, Engineering or related field of study preferred; at least four years of related experience and/or training (in addition to experience requirements below); or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
- Minimum 1 year previous supervisory and/or training experience required.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in Information Security or Networking required.
- Minimum 3 years of related experience and/or training in a technology environment required.
- Minimum 3 years of experience with preferably more than one of the following technologies; Palo Alto Networks (Firewall, Wildfire, URL filtering, etc.), Juniper, etc.
- Minimum 1 year of experience with one or more of the following management platforms required; Juniper NSM, and Palo Alto Networks Panorama
- CCSE and CCNA or RSCP certifications preferred.
- Security+, BCCPP, JNCIS-SEC, JNCIS-FWV, JNCIS-SA, ACE, CNSE, SFCP, SFCSE, SFCTSE strongly preferred.
- Security+, GSEC, GCIA, GCIH or other security specific vendor/product certifications also preferred.
- CISSP training strongly preferred.
- Strong interest in technology and a desire to learn and grow in applicable technologies field is required.
- Skills and knowledge must be kept current, including ongoing active pursuit of certifications.
- Practical expertise with TCP/IP networking required.
- Proficiency in building and troubleshooting route based VP connectivity required.
- Significant experience with Linux, Windows and Network Operating Systems required.
- Strong working knowledge of Routing and Access Control Devices required.
- Requires taking responsibility for customer satisfaction and overall success of managed services.
- Requires interfacing with a variety of customers in a polite, positive, and professional manner.
- Technical knowledge on a number of security technologies required.
- Solid understanding of information security and networking required.
- Extensive experience interacting with customers required.
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills required.
- A passion for information security and data security required.
- Detail oriented with strong organization skills required.
- Customer service focus required with strong interpersonal skills including excellent written/verbal communication skills.
- Will be required to be on-call after hours and weekends on a rotating basis.
- May be required to work occasional off-shift hours to cover customer maintenance and on-site activities.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.