Network Engineer III
Menlo Park, California | Contract
Position Title: Network Engineer III
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting opportunity with our client in Menlo Park, CA. for a level III Network Engineer
- Install, configure, and support a large-scale production and corporate network infrastructure including routers, switches, console servers, load balancers, and optical transport equipment.
- Provide onsite network support and expertise for all teams on the local data center campus
- Troubleshoot network hardware and software, working with 3rd party hardware vendors and suppliers on root cause analysis and resolution.
- Troubleshoot and repair local and long haul circuits, working with both internal resources and 3rd party vendors to isolate and resolve cabling issues.
- Schedule and perform network maintenance, repair, and upgrade tasks as needed while limiting the impact on the production network
- Use internal software, tools, and scripts to configure, monitor, and repair network equipment
- Perform queue management for alarms, tasks, and incidents and participate in ongoing deployment projects
- Maintain documentation and perform asset management of networking hardware including physical audits.
- Experience in data center deployment, building large-scale infrastructure, and providing support for Linux based servers and network devices.
- Experience with Cisco and Juniper Enterprise and Service Provider network hardware platforms and architectures including data center switching platforms.
- Strong working knowledge of routing and switching technologies and protocols • Demonstrated ability to analyze complex situations and utilize troubleshooting skills, systems and tools, and creative problem solving abilities under pressure
- Proficiency in Linux operating system and experience with load-balancing technologies • Solid understanding of copper cabling and fiber-optic technology including cable types, connector types, optic types, patch panels, and optical transport technologies.
- Solid understanding of data center design, infrastructure, and operational best practices
- Ability to work in fast-paced and dynamic environments with limited supervision
- Strong attention to detail with excellent time management and organization skills
- Experience with IPv6 and familiarity with scripting languages is strongly desired
- Ability to lift/move 30-40 lbs. on a daily basis.
- Education: Certification such as CCNA, JNCIA, RHCT desired. CCNP or JNCIP a plus.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.