NVMe Firmware Engineer
San Jose, California | Contract
Position Title: Senior Firmware Engineer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting opportunity with our client in San Jose, CA
- Design and development of high performance firmware and software for cutting-edge enterprise class SSD products.
- Debug, optimize, and validate SSD firmware on complex embedded multi-core architectures.
- Support enterprise customer qualification and adoption of SSD products.
- Participate in ground-breaking advanced SSD storage development and research projects.
- BS in Computer/Electrical Engineering or Computer Science, and 5 years of relevant experience in storage firmware or a MS Computer/Electrical Engineering or Computer Science is required.
- Have significant direct experience with one or more of the following storage related technologies: PCIe, NVMe, Fibre Channel, SAS.
- Strong experience in C/C++ development for embedded systems is required.
- Experience with ARM or equivalent embedded multi-core microprocessor architectures is required.
- Hands on experience with JTAG/ICE debuggers and protocol analyzers is required.
- Familiarity and experience with modern agile software development methodologies and practices is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work as a team player, as part of a local and globally distributed team.
- Good oral and written skills for communication and documentation.
- Open to domestic and/or international travel.
- Is comfortable working in a multinational environment and understands how to leverage cultural diversity.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidate