Sunnyvale, California | Contract
Position Title: NPI Engineer
Position Description: Our client seeks a highly motivated New Product Introduction (NPI) Engineer. This position involves the development of new liquid handling instrumentation, and process optimization for our clients products. Qualified candidates must be able to work independently and as a member of multi-disciplined development teams, executing tasks on-time and to spec. Development responsibilities may include: Integration of automated systems, user level testing of new hardware designs, verification and validation of new instrument features, documenting new calibration methods, Design of Experiments, and Data Analysis.
- Participate in integration validation for a new manufacturing process
- Document new methods through SOP’ s and ECO’ s
- Suggest and implement product and process improvements
- Analyze product performance and areas of failure
- Specify procedures and required tools for system test
- Define and execute design verification test plans
- Train Engineering, Mfg. and Service personnel on system calibration and test procedures
- Support Mfg. personnel during production ramp-up
- Support service personnel as a path of escalation for problems outside of their skill sets
- BS+7yrs, or MS+5yrs, or PhD in Engineering, Chemistry, or Physics
- Experience with process optimization
- Experience in the integration and test of analytical instrumentation
- Experience in the documentation and transfer of complex processes from R&D to Manufacturing
Skills and Attributes Required:
- Superior problem solving skills
- Analytical, methodical, and detail-oriented planning, experimentation, and analysis
- Strengths in documentation such as SOP’ s, ECO’ s, and/or technical reports
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to break down and document complex systems in order to facilitate training of manufacturing and Service engineers
- Hands-on experience with lab instrumentation and tools (liquid handlers, scopes, …)
- Ability to work with Hardware and Software engineers to integrate, test, and troubleshoot electronic, mechanical, and software subsystems
Desired Skills and Attributes:
- Knowledge of chemistry and good lab practices
- Understanding of fluids, and fluid interface issues.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.