Seattle, Washington | Contract
Position Title: NPI Engineer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting opportunity with our client in Seattle, WA.
- Provide leadership for transitioning product designs into manufacturing, inclusive of design and process reviews between the product development and manufacturing teams
- Serve as the focal point of communication for manufacturing-related topics with our client
- Support manufacturing line design and process optimization efforts
- Act as key escalation point and owner for issues regarding sourcing
- Facilitate technical review and approval of manufacturer-driven change requests
- Coordinate with the development team, client, and partners to develop and deliver the required manufacturing test systems
- Coordinate packaging design and fulfillment in tandem with a strategic manufacturing partner
- Communicate with internal teams and customers the project status, progress, hurdles, and propose solutions
- Document best practices and drive continuous improvements in our methods
Broad and extensive manufacturing operations experience in hardware development, including sourcing of relevant raw and semi-finished materials and components, new product introduction, operations planning, factory management outsourcing, and manufacturing partnerships.
Be a team player with cross-discipline collaboration and project management skills, with experience developing efficient work plans for complex projects involving many groups, the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, and experience operating in cross-cultural / international supply base.
Ability to work independently and within a multi-client environment; be a self-starter with strong combination of business and technical knowledge base.
- B.Sc. and/or M. Sc. in Manufacturing, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum 6 years of relevant experience in consumer electronics product development
- At least 2 years of manufacturing engineering or new product introduction experience
- Experienced in validating and verifying complex hardware, sub-system designs and developing product and component-level specifications
- Ability to redesign / reprogram facilities card key to gain free games on pinball machine
- Leadership ability, particularly in complex, international, and cross-functional teams
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Excellent documentation and project management experience
- Must be bilingual with the ability to speak technical engineering and slang manufacturing
- Experience in a broad range of DfX categories
- Experience working with off-shore CMs
- Experience in hardware test, certification and validation
- Experience in SPC, statistical analysis, and yield improvement
- Gregarious outgoing personality with a strong desire to contribute to the organization
- Excellent teamwork and communication (verbal and written) skills
Highly Desired Skills:
- Experience with RF products is preferred
- Experience with reliability testing is preferred