Mechanical Test Engineer
Redmond, Washington | Contract To Hire
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Product Evaluation - Develop product performance and quality standards. Create custom test methods and protocols for evaluation of design options and verification of developed products. Design and build necessary test fixtures, procure test equipment, and manage external resources.
- Documentation- Create clear documentation of test protocols, experimental results and complete test reports to support projects.
- Mechanical Design – Function as lead engineer for fixture design and test development. Secondarily, provide input on or execute design improvements based on learnings and test results. This includes product research, evaluation of design options, detailed design and full development of cost effective solutions to a variety of engineering problems or activities.
- Systems Engineering – Work with cross functional team including Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Marketing, Formulations Lab, and Operations, to convert marketing requirements to measurable engineering requirements. Ultimately deliver a complete solution that wows the customer.
- Project Engineering – Performs duties of project manager and/or project engineer to plan and coordinate a variety of design and test activities from conceptual design to product release. This may include leading technical project meetings, design reviews, cost estimations, problem solving exercises and project schedule development.
- BS in Mechanical Engineering
- 2-5 years of engineering experience in a product development, manufacturing engineering, or test engineering of electro-mechanical devices
- 2+ years of CAD experience required, Solidworks preferred
- Demonstrated ability to design manufacturable components and assemblies
- Proficiency using lab tools, test equipment, and machine tools (tensile testing, metrology, environmental testing, manual and CNC machining, basic electronics, etc.)
- Experience with prototyping methods, including 3D printing
- Ability to effectively analyze experimental test results via statistical analysis and present findings to engineering management
- Knowledge of Design of Experiments (DOE) preferred
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple concurrent projects with aggressive schedules
- Strong track record for managing engineering details to appropriate degree
- Demonstrated ability to work with engineers from various disciplines
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and orally
- Automation experience a plus
- Working Knowledge of tolerance analysis of mechanical assemblies, GD&T best practices, and drawing standards