Mechanical Project Engineer
Redmond, Washington | Contract
Position Title: Mechanical Project Engineer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting opportunity with our client in Redmond, WA
- Mechanical design of electro-mechanical devices
- Analysis of mechanical tolerances for performance and manufacturability
- Rapid prototyping of proposed designs using appropriate to function processes
- Detailed design for manufacturing processes and device performance
- Lead cross functional development teams from Product Definition to Production.
- Manage external product development activities.
- Provide System Engineering support for current and future products.
- Requirements management
- Risk assessment
- Documentation of function and performance
- Assure appropriate levels of verification and validation for commercial and medical devices.
- Develop processes for efficient and effective product development.
- BS in Mechanical Engineering, MS preferred
- 10+ years of experience in device development
- Significant experience with detailed mechanical design
- Successful design of products that have be launched into the market
- Excellent CAD modeling skills, Solidworks experience preferred
- Experience with designing for injection molding and other high volume processes
- High level of skill in analysis based on first principles
- Demonstrated systems level engineering experience
- Familiarity with Electrical Engineering design and manufacturing
- Demonstrated ability to work with engineers from various disciplines
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Demonstrated success leading technical teams through the development process
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidate