Wilsonville, Oregon | Contract
Position Title: Mechanical Engineer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract opportunity with our client in Wilsonville Oregon for an experienced Mechanical Engineer:
- Develop innovative designs that meet or exceed customer' s requirements and expectations.
- Prepare design concepts in a team environment.
- Prepare accurate cost estimates for equipment in the concept stage of development.
- Select cost effective, reliable design components and coordinate with purchasing for timely delivery.
- Coordinate development and maintenance of accurate bills of materials.
- Provide technical direction and problem resolution during assembly and start-up.
- Design and detail components and assemblies as related to the manufacture and assembly of custom automation equipment.
- Design and detail component parts and assemblies to meet the specific needs of each internal department and design intent specifications.
- Create 2D drawings and Bills of Materials (BOMs) for system release.
- Perform Self Check and Peer Review of drawings and BOMs prior to release to ensure accuracy.
- Execute revisions to BOMs and drawings per redlines and feedback from Manufacturing and Engineering.
- Analyze tolerance stacks of assemblies for capability of assembly and fabrication.
- Active member of development team; willingness to work with other internal and external customers.
- Hands-on involvement and desire to verify fit and function of design intent.
- BSME or equivalent experience required.
- 3-5 years of recent machine design required.
- Familiarity with machine control systems and experience with pneumatic systems
- 3D solid modeling CAD expertise (SolidWorks) with application of GD&T principles.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.