# Seattle, Washington 98101 | Direct Hire
Position Title: Mechanical Engineer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting Direct Hire opportunity with our client in Seattle Washington for an experienced Mechanical Engineer to work on an exciting consumer product:
- Drive Mechanical Design and Program schedule from concept phase to production start.
- Translate ID Specifications to Mass Production capable design.
- Responsible for supplier selection and validation. Drive communication with Operations and Suppliers to ensure design intent and program deliverables.
- Drive Mechanical design reviews (DFMEA, DFM & tooling release) to prepare design for each development phase and mass production.
- Interact with cross-functional leads (ID, EE, RF, Audio, Reliability & Compliance) to ensure Mechanical Design meets Product specification.
- Responsible for mechanical design, fit, function and documentation.
- Provide detailed design and 2D documentation of all parts and assemblies.
- Create accurate Bills of Materials
- Build proof of concepts to prove function, manufacturability, and robustness.
- Potential travel for manufacturing builds.
- Bachelor’ s degree in Mechanical Engineering, or related field with a strong product development focus. MS preferred.
- 8+ years of experience of Mechanical Design in consumer electronics.
- Extensive experience of CAD design in SolidWorks.
- Experience with designing audio and wearable systems.
- Experience of the full product development process from conceptual design through to manufacturing.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.