San Francisco, California | Direct Hire
Position Title: Mechanical Engineer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting opportunity with our client in San Francisco, CA for a seasoned Mechanical Engineer with significant experience in Consumer Electronics. You will help lead the mechanical design for products from initial concept through mass production. You will take complete ownership of mechanical architecture to detailed design, prototyping, validation, DFM and manufacturing (EVT, DVT, PVT, MP) stages.
The ME should be passionate about making innovative things and love bringing Consumer Electronic products to market and should have a high level of creativity for how to get things done!
- Architecture and analysis, parts design, documentation and functional validation of mechanical components and assemblies
- Work with Product and Program Management to give input on new product design efforts
- Drive system integration of mechanical and electromechanical subassemblies
- Interface with suppliers/partners, EE, manufacturing and operations, quality and other development groups
- Conduct rapid feasibility studies for optimal cost, schedule and performance trade-offs
- B.S. degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- 4+ years of relevant experience in Mechanical Design of consumer electronics products
- Have shipped several high-volume products
- Significant experience working with ODMs and CMs in Asia and locally
- Detailed understanding of product testing and processes
- Good understanding of tooling and materials
- Expert Pro/E or Solidworks user
- Experience with linear and non-linear stress analysis, thermal analysis, moldflow (or equivalent) is highly desired
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.