Kent, Washington | Contract
Position Title: Mechanical Engineer
Position Description: Our client is seeking an experienced Mechanical Engineer to join their team in Kent.
- Plan and execute product development and maintain projects with emphasis on safety and reliability while successful balancing for sales, manufacturing cost efficiency.
- Specify system components or direct modification of products to ensure conformance with engineering design and performance specifications.
- Collaborate with engineers and other personnel to identify, define, and solve developmental problems.
- Provide technical assistance and resolution when engineering problems are encountered before, during, and after construction.
- Develop and document procedures for testing, assembly and installation of new products.
- Set up and operate test equipment to evaluate performance of parts, assemblies, or systems under simulated operating conditions, and record results.
- Analyze product proposals and marketing specifications, manuals and other data to evaluate and report on the feasibility, risk, cost, and maintenance requirements of design or new product requests.
- Support a performance based company culture that is rewarding for the employee and the company in an atmosphere of open communication and accountability.
- Bachelor’ s Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- The applicant should have ISO and/or FDA Design Control Process experience, good working knowledge of SolidWorks and the MS Office Suite, and comprehensive knowledge of mechanical design standards.
- Good communications skills and ability to work in a team is required.
- Electrical/electronic knowledge, experience with CNC and manufacturing processes a plus.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.